Monday, February 16, 2009

Waking up is hard to do...

So, Jaycee is a big girl.  As she gets bigger, I love watching her personality emerge even more.  Of course, as soon as we see some of her traits, we can almost immediately identify which ones are Jess' and which are mine (or at least we think we can).  Naturally, we fight to claim the best ones and try to give the cranky ones to the other person.  Some of them though are plain as day.  One of the clear ones is the hard time Jaycee has waking up.  She'll poke her head up look around the room and slam her head back down.  Then she'll do it again, and again, and again for a few minutes.  Then, she eventually sits up.  As she is trying to fully awaken, there is a lot of eye rubbing, yawning and a few long stretches then she starts to make her announcements.  I am not sure yet what she is saying exactly, but she is obviously being bossy and NOT in a good mood.  That's usually when I go to pick her up.  At this point, I am not allowed to put her down on the floor, because she'll immediately claim that her legs aren't working yet and she is frozen in place.  So we usually have to walk around for a few minutes and get the rest of the yawns out, then I am permitted to offer her breakfast.  Whose trait is this that makes it so hard to wake up?  Mommy's.  I guess I thought at this point I'd be teaching Jaycee the daily schedule, but that's not the case.  Oh well, it could be worse.  She could have a hard time getting to sleep...

No comments: