Monday, December 8, 2008

To Clothe or not to Clothe...

There has been a little debate here about Jaycee and clothing.  Before Jaycee made her debut, we amassed a large supply of outfits.  Thanks to generous family and friends, we didn't have to buy very many things until recently.  One of the perks to Southern California is the wonderful weather.  Jaycee was able to wear all sorts of sun dresses and tank tops out and about and we never had to worry about her getting cold.  Well, I found myself in a little bit of a routine with Jaycee's clothes... like I didn't put any on her.  Of course when we went out she'd have on any of her many outfit choices, but when we were planted at home: naked (with diaper, most of the time).  Jess would leave in the morning and kiss a clothed baby goodbye and greet a shirtless/pant less wild child when she got home.  The funny thing is, I wasn't skipping the clothes out of laziness, but rather it seemed like Jaycee really enjoyed being nature baby  (plus it was always fun to watch her investigate her belly button).  With that said, Jess always gave me a hard time over our clothing optional policy.  I can see her side, we had so many clothes that she won't and didn't get to wear so we might as well get a cycle out of them.  Even with that knowledge, I really felt like she was happy without the weight of a cotton onesie.  As winter rolls in, the debate ends.  It is a little to cold to crawl around naked, so we have to cover up that skin.  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.  I guess in some ways, seeing a naked baby made me think she was just a little tiny baby.  When she wears clothes, she looks like a college bound teenager.  Ok, a little bit of an exaggeration, but its kind of true.  I'll do anything to make this last a little longer...

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Josh......you know Cameron and Drew spent the first two years of their little lives naked for about 50% of the time...Infact it was really hard to keep them clothed during the warmer months. I can remember them waking up in a diaper, running outside to play in the sandbox and water hose - (BTW what a perfect combination. Get dirty all day, then clean off with the hose) then go for a nap in a clean diaper, and so on. Then dinner, hop in the bath and get to bed in only a diaper again. Laundry was sure funner in the summertime. It was the same routine day after day - Boy I am sure glad they don't do that now.... Give that little girl a hug from me. Debbie