Wednesday, April 13, 2011

When you need a helping hand...

Jaycee is at a really fun age right now. She can do most everything on her own (within reason) and she understands the importance of this. I suppose that is why she has been on a recent mission to "help" with everything we Jess and I do.
For example, I often make nachos as a quick snack for Jaycee and I. All I have to do is get the chips and grate some cheese. When Jaycee sees the grater she insists on "helping" me. Her version of help consists of eating one handful of shredded cheese for every handful she puts on the chips. By the time she is done helping, I spend twice the time cleaning up grated cheese from everywhere.
Lately we have found ourselves outside working on the yard. Jaycee loves to "help" with the yard work. As you can see in the picture, the required outfit for gardening for Jaycee isn't for everyone. When Jaycee decides her work is done, I get to pick up all the tools she needed then I get to sweep up all the dirt that somehow got out of the planter and onto the sidewalk.
I try hard to cherish these times. I know the day is coming when she won't want to hang around me let alone "help" me. Its just hard to understand how I end up with more work than I started with. C'est la vie...

No comments: