Monday, April 18, 2011

Let the hunt begin...


Time to find a job! I am officially a member of the job hunting portion of the population. This is a little intimidating now that I am looking at a completely new and unfamiliar job market. On account of the competitive conditions in the country, I have been trying to find ways to stand out to potential employers. To come up with ideas, I have been reading about the different tactics people are using. One of the tactics is to attach a picture of yourself to your resumé. After reading this, I really got to thinking about my appearance. I got really used to shaving when I felt like it. This afforded me the opportunity to grow a beard or goatee whenever I wanted. Well, I began to wonder what an interviewer might interpret my appearance to mean. After asking around for opinions I was faced with a choice. To shave the beard or to leave it. It become the general consensus that it should go. I took these 2 pictures to see which made more sense. I'm torn.
On a more interesting note, neither Jaycee nor Jayden care for my beard. Jayden feels my face a little then proceeds to smack it: point taken. Jaycee was really studying my face the other day and after a long pause she asked me "what is all this weird hair coming out of your face?" I wonder the same thing. Maybe I should add this to my resumé. "Able to quickly grow facial hair and the ability to shave it even faster"...

1 comment:

anitawarnick.com said...

I'm a fan of clean shavin myself. This might go into on the "made up" stories Chris and Jer think I tell....but when I was younger and my dad shaved his mustache for the first time when I saw him it kinda weirded me out, and I wasn't quite sure I could trust that it was still my dad:) Good luck with the job hunting, the key would be to get an interview because I know once someone sits down and talks with you they would know that they need to hire you!