Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Question


When Jess and I were dating, it must have been apparent that we were meant to be married.  It seemed like every time we saw our family and friends the question always came up: "When are you going to get married?".  So then we got married.  After a few months of marriage bliss, the question changed: "When are you going to have a baby?".  February 12th, 2008 arrived along with our beautiful little girl.  So all the questions have been answered, right?  Wrong!  "When are you having the next?".  The newest question.  At first I was floored and couldn't even give a straight response.  Another baby?  Do you not know what it takes to raise a newborn?  After fretting over the answer I would give the next time it was asked, I came to a revelation.  Everyone who asks the question has already been there.  They have all successfully raised children (which at some point were newborns).  I understand now.  There are few things in this world better than looking into Jaycee's eyes and knowing how much she needs me, now and forever.  Why wouldn't I want this experience again?  On an even deeper level, I realize that I need her.  So next time I get THE QUESTION, I just might surprise you (and my wife) with the answer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful husband and father. Thank you for choosing me!

Love,

Your wife