Saturday, April 5, 2008

Priorities...


I have to say that this learning experience is very rapidly moving.  It seems like just when I get one thing down, Jaycee is off onto something else.  For example, she usually wakes up at 6 a.m. and is ready to eat.  After a bottle, it's back to bed until 10ish.  Then one morning she had her 6 a.m. bottle then back to bed... then Jaycee said (no she's not talking yet, but as you'll probably see, I like to read her thoughts) "Not so fast Dad!  I think I'll be awake for awhile."  Awake she was for 4 hours.  Let's just say I made the rookie mistake of "making plans".  Those "plans" were important to me, but Jaycee decided for her... not so much.  Which leads me to my discovery of the month.  Priorities.  Something that you or I might think has some kind of importance, doesn't really matter to our little ones;  I suppose it shouldn't.  It takes those little reminders by Jaycee that this life is so short and these years, months, weeks, days, hours, and minutes are merely a bunch of seconds that go by one at a time never to be seen again.  So I guess I'm at the old cliché.  "They are only little once."  Wise advice that every parent gives so willingly.  With that said, I would like to submit my new list of priorities listed by the most important first:
1.  Jaycee
That was easy...

No comments: